The application window is now closed for this position, we thank all those who were interested.
The Finance and Operations Manager will report to the Executive Director and be responsible for:
- Management of organizational financial systems and procedures (accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, etc.), including guidance and supervision of external contractors and vendors
- Management of other contractors, vendors and service providers supporting OCAF activities (IT, insurance, benefits, office space, legal, etc.)
- Work with external accounting service provider to generate regular internal and external financial reports
- Management of OCAF filing procedures and systems to support efficient operation and audit compliance
- Lead OCAF reporting efforts on financial, legal, and administrative issues
- Actively participate in organizational budgeting and forecasting
- Working closely with the ED on cashflow planning and management
- Coordinate the operational and administrative tasks of OCAF.
- Support the ED in development and implementation of the operational plan.
- Implement and optimize organizational policies, procedures, systems, and principles and support activities pertaining to HR, governance, IT, insurance, legal, etc.
- Support management of OCAF endowment and direct investments, including performance tracking and reporting
- Support tracking and reporting on OCAF grants, intermediary agreements and programs
- Contribute to external communication of the organization with our partners, the LC3 national office and other key audiences
- As OCAF systems and procedures are established and running smoothly, this role is expected to evolve to play an active role in OCAF’s core program, project, impact investing and/or partner engagement activities depending on organizational needs and the skills and interest of the manager.
- Any other task that may be defined by the ED and confirmed with the Employee.
Competitive candidates should have a strong mix of the following core competencies. We encourage those with relevant lived experience to apply and describe how it applies.
- Prefer CPA with 7-10 years experience in accounting, ideally with 3+ years of post-certification experience. Candidates with 7-10 years experience in a Finance and Operations Manager position or equivalent role will also be considered.
- Deep knowledge of financial and accounting systems (e.g., QuickBooks)
- Strong track record in managing external contractors
- Familiarity and experience with the MS Office environment, including high-level of proficiency in Excel and Sharepoint
- Knowledge of charitable or non-profit accounting and finances
- Experience in non-profit governance, Board support and committee engagement
- Exceptional organizational and decision making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate effectively in small teams
- Ability to focus and accurately complete both complex and repetitive tasks
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to (some of) OCAF’s climate change priorities: building efficiency, energy resilience, sustainable transportation, urban planning, affordable housing
- Commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and Reconciliation and openness to grow and learn with the team
- Other skills or experiences relevant to OCAF’s programs, projects, impact investing or partner engagement
- Experience in human resources management
- Education: business education with a strong background in finance and accounting
- Desire to be part of the solution, cultivate meaningful relationships and have some fun in the process!
The position is located in Ottawa, and will be a hybrid position, with periodic work in the office and external meetings. Accommodations will be considered for those facing limitations to work from home.
This is a full-time position with an annual salary range of $90,000 – $95,000.
- Retirement / Savings supplement: 10% of annual earnings
- Other benefits: Eligibility to participate in any group insurance/benefits plan that OCF provides
- Paid Vacation and holidays: 15 paid vacation days, Public holidays as stated in the ESA, plus Easter Monday and Civic Holiday, 2 cultural/religious holidays